Voyage of the Dragon ArmadaB1833
This gripping work depicts the epic voyages of China’s great naval Admiral Zheng He who commanded 250 ships and 28,000 men a century before Columbus set sail for the New World. Experience a captivating pentatonic melody and colorful percussion writing. An exceptional choice for your next concert and a perfect launch pad to multicultural discovery. 3-part fully adaptable with percussion and accompaniment. (1:00)
(including music for both band and strings)
• Alternate Parts – In addition to adaptable parts, tenor sax and horn have alternate parts putting them in an ideal range.
• Accompaniment – An easy piano part is provided for additional support. When appropriate, chords are included for guitar players.
• Play Along – Downloadable mp3 tracks are included for students to practice with and even use in performance or at home.
• Percussion – In addition to adaptable mallet parts, separate percussion parts are also provided.
• Teaching Opportunities Far Beyond Performance – Let students make choices about orchestration, flip your band so bass voices always have the melody, teach the same musical line to everyone at the same time…. endless possibilities!