Viking (Digital Download)D-ST6521
Take on the spirit of the ancient Vikings in this dynamic and energetic piece! Open string double stops, pizzicato, and optional percussion create a dramatic sound that will transport you into a legendary seafaring adventure. Each section gets a chance to shine while working on differing bow styles and dynamics. Violins also utilize low 2nd finger while basses have limited low 1s. (2:30)
(including music for both band and strings)
• Alternate Parts – In addition to adaptable parts, tenor sax and horn have alternate parts putting them in an ideal range.
• Accompaniment – An easy piano part is provided for additional support. When appropriate, chords are included for guitar players.
• Play Along – Downloadable mp3 tracks are included for students to practice with and even use in performance or at home.
• Percussion – In addition to adaptable mallet parts, separate percussion parts are also provided.
• Teaching Opportunities Far Beyond Performance – Let students make choices about orchestration, flip your band so bass voices always have the melody, teach the same musical line to everyone at the same time…. endless possibilities!