Chorale and Mystic ChantB1841
A beautiful hymn with rich harmonies and suspensions opens this fine work for beginning bands. As the lyrical melody reaches a final cadence, the piece then moves into a bombastic chant with a wealth of percussion. The theme is presented in different textures and students will explore the basic components of a fugue in an easy setting. Listeners and performers alike will be excited by the rhythmic drive of the percussion. In addition, consider using the opening as a daily chorale to work on intonation with your ensemble. (2:35)
(including music for both band and strings)
• Alternate Parts – In addition to adaptable parts, tenor sax and horn have alternate parts putting them in an ideal range.
• Accompaniment – An easy piano part is provided for additional support. When appropriate, chords are included for guitar players.
• Play Along – Downloadable mp3 tracks are included for students to practice with and even use in performance or at home.
• Percussion – In addition to adaptable mallet parts, separate percussion parts are also provided.
• Teaching Opportunities Far Beyond Performance – Let students make choices about orchestration, flip your band so bass voices always have the melody, teach the same musical line to everyone at the same time…. endless possibilities!