Arith-Metric No. 1 (Digital Download)D-B1831
An exciting piece that explores self-paced developing music for literally any combination of instruments. Inspired by Terry Riley’s In C, the piece includes short fragments that performers move through at their own pace. Explore pacing, development and orchestration with this piece that works for literally any possible combination of instruments!
(including music for both band and strings)
• Alternate Parts – In addition to adaptable parts, tenor sax and horn have alternate parts putting them in an ideal range.
• Accompaniment – An easy piano part is provided for additional support. When appropriate, chords are included for guitar players.
• Play Along – Downloadable mp3 tracks are included for students to practice with and even use in performance or at home.
• Percussion – In addition to adaptable mallet parts, separate percussion parts are also provided.
• Teaching Opportunities Far Beyond Performance – Let students make choices about orchestration, flip your band so bass voices always have the melody, teach the same musical line to everyone at the same time…. endless possibilities!